[vlc-devel] Re: Japanese VLC

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Tue Jan 7 13:07:09 CET 2003

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003, Bill Mansell wrote:

> congratulations on a wonderful tool. we were wondering if you would mind
> if we created a Japanese version of the VLC DVD player? It's quite
> popular here in Japan. The plan is to insert Japanese commands and
> adjust the subtitle font as it is a little blurry.

We'd be delighted to have a Japanese version of VLC. Localization is
indeed a major feature of the forthcoming VLC 0.5.0 release. In order
to localize the software, I suggest you read the following mail which
explains how to do :

http://www.via.ecp.fr/via/ml/vlc-devel/200301/msg00052.html

The file you must translate is ja.po.

As for the subtitle font, could you please tell us what we need to change
to have it work with Japanese ?

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of problem.

--
Christophe Massiot.