[vlc-devel] Help compiling MacOS X vlc

Jean-Alexis Montignies ja at sente.ch
Fri Jan 10 00:10:41 CET 2003

Hi all,

Sorry if I trigger a FAQ here :).

I'm trying to compile vlc in order to take a look on how to support
surround for multichannel sound interfaces. But I'll talk abou that in
a coming e-mail.

I've installed the lib I downloaded Christophe Massiot posted
(thanks!), and got the last sources from cvs.
Now when I try to compile, it works until the final link when I get
plenty of errors of the kind:

ld: multiple definitions of symbol __dvdcss_error
/sw/lib/libdvdcss.a(error.o) definition of __dvdcss_error in section
(__TEXT,__text)
/sw/lib/libdvdcss.a(error.o) definition of __dvdcss_error in section
(__TEXT,__text)
/sw/lib/libdvdcss.a(libdvdcss.o) definition of _dvdcss_close in section
(__TEXT,__text)
/sw/lib/libdvdcss.a(libdvdcss.o) definition of _dvdcss_error in section
(__TEXT,__text)

I have configured it with the --disable-plugins option, because if I do
not, it finds the headers for dlcompat and try to build with plugin
support without linking with the library dlcompat.

Any insight?

Jean-Alexis Montignies
http://www.sente.ch/