[vlc-devel] Re: BeOS module

Stephan Assmus stippi at yellowbites.com
Sun Jan 12 12:00:35 CET 2003

> On Sat, Jan 11, 2003, Stephan Assmus wrote:
>
> > Eric, before you release another version
> > on BeBits, could you please take a look at your resource file and
> > add
> > the MIME type "video" (-> video/*) to the list of supported file
> > types?
> > That would greatly enhance usability I would guess. Ah, just
> > noticed,
> > it plays plain audio files too, so add "audio" as well. :-)
>
>    You can get some MIME types from mozilla/vlcplugin.h, but this
> file
> may be outdated as well. VLC is moving too fast :-)

I guess with the current situation on BeOS media players... it is fine
to put wildcards in the supported files list of vlc. ;-) As a side
effect, vlc appears in another part of the list of supporting
applications when you invoke the "Open With..." menu in BeOS. In BeOS,
the list is devided into applications that support the specific file
type directly, applications supporting the super type, and applications
supporting any file type (like a binary editor). Having vlc in the
section with general media file support seems appropriate.

Regards,
-Stephan