[vlc-devel] Re: Build system for Mac OS X

Jean-Alexis Montignies ja at sente.ch
Sat Jan 18 20:31:45 CET 2003

On Samedi, jan 18, 2003, at 14:26 Europe/Zurich, Christophe Massiot
wrote:

> À (At) 14:23 +0100 18/01/2003, Jean-Alexis Montignies écrivait (wrote)
> :
>
>> On Vendredi, jan 17, 2003, at 09:42 Europe/Zurich, Nicolas Berloquin
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe we could writeup a small INSTALL.macosx for the distrib, that
>>> would explain
>>> the necessary steps, like installing your /local hierarchy etc etc ?
>>>
>> Great idea!
>>
>> I've installed a brand new /usr/local using the recent bz2.
>> I've added /usr/local/bin in the path, disabled fink (by commenting
>> the source /sw/init.csh).
>
> Did you add /usr/local/bin _before_ /usr/bin ?

Nope, did it, it's better now!

I ran ./configure with no options.

Now the problem I had a while ago when linking vlc.

ld: Undefined symbols:
_dlclose
_dlerror
_dlopen
_dlsym

So do I need to disbale plugins at configure time,  or do I need to
install dlcompat library?

Jean-Alexis Montignies.