[vlc-devel] Re: Shipping DVD menus support ?

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Thu Jan 23 13:30:16 CET 2003

> We have a lot of reproduceable bugs with libdvdplay, which we don't know
> how/don't have time to fix by next week. Since we'll probably get
> hundreds of bug reports about that, I was thinking that maybe we should
> ship VLC 0.5.0 without DVD menus support, and hide the "Use DVD menus"
> checkbox in the open panel.
>
> Any thoughts ?
I think many are expecting this feature from the 0.5.0 release. Both because
some of us have been saying that it will be in 0.5.0 and because it's on the
cangelog and in the mailing list archives. So I think we should consider
putting some extra effort into closing bugs, and then just suggest that
people don't use menus in the release notes.

Sigmund