[vlc-devel] Re: Shipping DVD menus support ?

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Thu Jan 23 14:38:29 CET 2003

On Thursday 23 January 2003 14:08, Boris Dorès wrote:

>   On Windows, as far as I know, there is no way (or tricky ones) to
> completely bypass the libdvdplay module, since it is built in, and there
> is no dvdold input.

Yes there is. Just force the old dvd plugin by using an MRL of the type
"dvdold:D:" instead of the default "dvd:D:". Unless of course you didn't
actually compile the old dvd plugin, but I see no reason why you shouldn't.

>   And personnally, I couldn't make a single DVD menu work (sorry, I
> forgot, _one_ worked :-). And I don't even mention bug #122... It is
> a distinct possibility that something is wrong _only_ with me (yeah I
> know, something is wrong with me anyway ;-), and yet...

Ok, so what should be done I guess is to modify the interface to use the
"dvdold" access module in the MRL by default... unless the user activates
dvd menu support.

By the way, anybody against changing the "dvdold" shortcut into "dvdsimple"
? It sounds more appropriate.

--
Gildas