[vlc-devel] Re: CVS Commit (gbazin)

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Tue Jan 28 13:38:19 CET 2003

On Tuesday 28 January 2003 13:30, cvs at videolan.org wrote:
> * src/video_output/video_output.c, include/video_output.h: modified
> vout_Request() to take into account the  filter chain. If the filter chain
> has changed, a new vout will be respawned allowing to switch filters on
> the fly. This is still a bit hacky but to do it nicely will require
> implementing inheritance in object variables.
> * modules/video_filter/deinterlace/deinterlace.c: added a
> "deinterlace-mode" object variable to allow switching deinterlace modes on
> the fly.

Enabling and switching deinterlace filters on the fly now works correctly.
This has only been implemented in the gtk/gnome interface (look at the diffs
of modules/gui/gtk/menu.c) and will have to be ported to the other
interfaces. You'll notice the code is a little bit hacky but it will get
nicer once we implement more features into the object variable framework
(especially inheritance).

--
Gildas