[vlc-devel] Re: [RFC] Playlists

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Wed Jan 29 18:53:11 CET 2003

On woensdag, jan 29, 2003, at 18:40 Europe/Amsterdam, Stephan Assmus
wrote:
> <cut>
> So to sum this up, I vote for an API that builds onto
> itself by providing low-level and higher level calls that combine
> functionality already provided by the low-level calls.

I second this.
Additionally, it would be nice if there was some form of notification.
For instance it would be good to be informed of the loading of the next
playlist item. Interfaces could react on this and adapt certain things.
I also think that we should give playlists and playlist items more of a
document feeling. Opening Closing Saving, multiple instances etc.
This is already possible for most of the stuff, but it still has a bit
of a 'hack' feeling. It could all be done nicer.
And to provide a set/get method for each variable that other parts of
the code might need. This is actually good coding practice in Objective
C which we use for OSX. I see no reason why we shouldn't use this in
libvlc as well.

But then again. I'm used to Objective C ;)

DJ
---
Universiteit Twente
---