[vlc-devel] Adding module

Joe Kraft hishadow at netcabo.pt
Sun Jul 6 01:35:17 CEST 2003

I'm trying to create a module, I've copied an old version of the wxwindows
interface where I've added some code to produce export a time signal to
another program.

I created a new directory under modules/misc called wxtimesync with the
files in it.  I've included all those files in the following Modules.am:

SOURCES_wxtimesync = \
	wxwindows.cpp \
	wxwindows.h \
	interface.cpp \
	open.cpp \
	streamout.cpp \
	messages.cpp \
	playlist.cpp \
	popup.cpp \
	preferences.cpp \
	timer.cpp \
	fileinfo.cpp \
	timesignal.cpp \
	$(NULL)

I have included the following line in the configure.ac:
  modules/misc/wxtimesync/Makefile

After running bootstrap the Makefile.in and Makefile.am exist.  After
running configure in the build directory, the Makefile exists in the
modules/misc/wxtimesync directory.  When I try to run make I get:

$ make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/Joe/vlc/build-mingw-debug/modules/misc/wxtimesync'
make[2]: Entering directory
`/home/Joe/vlc/build-mingw-debug/modules/misc/wxtimesync'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/Joe/vlc/build-mingw-debug/modules/misc/wxtimesync'
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/Joe/vlc/build-mingw-debug/modules/misc/wxtimesync'

After having no luck with this, I tried just the basic interface part of the
dummy plugin following the same steps with the same results.  The same thing
happens if I run make from the main build directory or in the module
directory itself.  What else do I need to do to get this high-tech build
system to actually build my new plugin?

I appreciate any help anyone might give.
Joe.