[vlc-devel] VLC 0.6.0 -- short pause vs. longer pause

j.zorko at att.net j.zorko at att.net
Mon Jul 7 20:22:49 CEST 2003

Hello, all ...

If I play VLC 0.6.0 and pause the stream for a few seconds, then play it, all is cool (no resampling
happens).  However, if I pause the stream for a second or 2, then the resampling happens, which is
an issue I need to work on.  Looking in $vlc_root/src/audio_output/input.c, specifically the
aout_InputPlay() function, I see the code that either drops the buffer (long pause) or resamples
(short pause).  The thing is, this seems to be dependent on the size of the buffer.  Am I correct?  If
so, how would you all recommend making pause _never_ resample (while allowing resampling
when it's genuinely needed)?

Regards,

John

--