[vlc-devel] Re: new subtitle code by Dnumgis

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Wed Jul 9 03:26:57 CEST 2003

On zaterdag, jul 5, 2003, at 00:33 Europe/Amsterdam, Derk-Jan Hartman
wrote:
> On vrijdag, jul 4, 2003, at 19:20 Europe/Amsterdam, Sigmund Augdal
> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 01:56:01AM +0200, Derk-Jan Hartman wrote:
>> ..........................................</cut text>
>> I leave this part to you. This is perhaps a good starting point:
>> http://www.freetype.org/freetype2/docs/reference/ft2-mac_specific.html
>
> Meuuh, lookie
> http://freetype.org/pipermail/devel/2003-May/009244.html
>
> So, CVS and it should work.

Well, I can tell you it sorta works.
It now loads the font. However, every character is now rendered at
position 20x20.

So you get one small block with all chars of the sentence rendered on
top of each other.
This only goes horizontally. So if you have two sub lines, then you get
two blocks.

All debug messages report something like this.
[00000155] osdtext video output debug: string height is 24, width is 3
that looks like a very small range to me, but don't really remember
what it used to be.

I'm not sure what the cause is of this. Since the problem now also
occurs with the .ttf font I used before, I suspect it is because of a
change in CVS.

Dnumgis, do you have a possible explanation for this?

DJ

---
Videolan - VLC media player
Derk-Jan Hartman (thedj at users.sourceforge.net)