[vlc-devel] Re: [vlc] Tonal variation in local music playback. Memory?

j.zorko at att.net j.zorko at att.net
Wed Jul 9 17:42:56 CEST 2003

Karim,

I've noticed this, too (2GHz P4, Red Hat Linux 9).  If you look in the source code in $vlc_root/src/
audio_output/input.c, the aout_InputPlay() function is what causes this.  It tries to keep the FIFOs
for the decoder and the output in sync by upsampling or downsampling the output.  I've found
that increasing the threshold (in $vlc_root/include/vlc_config.h, AOUT_PTS_TOLERANCE -- i've
changed mine to (mtime_t)(.38*CLOCK_FREQ)) fixes the issue for me, though i'm a bit wary.

Regards,

John

--
Falling You - exploring the beauty