[vlc-devel] Add vlc-cvslog? Chapter/title and stream synchronizaton.

rocky at panix.com rocky at panix.com
Sun Jul 20 17:55:13 CEST 2003

Wouldn't it be a little bit more develper friendly to separate CVSlog
messages from the others? That way folks who don't want both could
just unsubscribe to this other newsgroup, say vlc-cvslog. And folks that
wanted both could still do so. Right now I'm filtering these, but it
sort of strikes me as there may be other developers out there who
might appreciate these separated.

I've been having difficulties getting the Title/Chapter up/down
buttons and Title/Chapter menus under the View toolbar to work.

I've sort of structured things like the DVD code where
p_input->stream.pp_areas[0] (Menu area for DVD's) is the first VCD track
which contains segments and meta-data (e.g. entry tables).

I see this around line 145 of modules/access/dvdplay/access.c

    input_DelArea( p_input, p_input->stream.pp_areas[0] );
    input_AddArea( p_input, 0, 1 );

what's the input_DelArea for and what would happen if it weren't
there?

If I set
   p_input->stream.b_seekable = 0;

I can get my VCD plugin to start at the right place, but the chapter
up/down buttons don't do anything other than change the display.

If it is set b_seekable to 1 then the video doesn't display. And using
the Chapter buttons or menu causes the stream to start at the
beginning without doing any seeking. The area variables that seem
relevant in p_input->stream.p_selected_area are
  i_tell: tells where the program thinks it is in the stream
   this is a byte offset from i_start, right? It's also used by the
   slider, right?
  i_part: is this used in the display to indicate which "Chapter" we
  are in?

Thanks.