[vlc-devel] Re: PTS is out of range (), dropping buffer, late picture skipped

Bart Kerver bart.kerver at surfnet.nl
Thu Jul 24 09:50:51 CEST 2003

Jean-Paul

> This could be, because when the servers (vlc- streamer) computer is
> waiting too fill up it packets (because of a huge MTU) the client
> (decoder) advances in time. The streamer takes too long to fill up the
> sendings packets and won't send them in time for the clients decoder to
> decode them.
>
> Setting the MTU to a lesser value should not show this problem  If the
> problem then still persists then the first problem is more evident.

The server is not ours, the stream is casted through IBM Videocharger as
I remember. I think your labs is connected to SURFnet, so you might be
able to watch the stream (multicast).

http://pages.vpro.nl/3voor12tv
http://3voor12.vpro.nl/3voor12/live/startvideo.shtml

Since the stream can be viewed with CiscoIPTV, Kasenna eg I think the
stream is correct, but has something to do with what Gildas wrote
"streams where the MPEG-TS packets are not aligned on the beginning of
the UDP packets", weird however that other players show the stream
perfectly.

I tried a reference MPEG2 multicasted with our Cisco IPTV and IBM
VideoCharger, but videolan can not show these streams either (with
regular MTU), whereas fe. Amino STB is fine.

Best regards,

---
Bart Kerver

SURFnet bv - dep. Innovation Management