[vlc-devel] Adding Configuration options (Was Re: ps.c and VCD's use)

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Thu Jul 24 10:02:06 CEST 2003

Gildas Bazin writes:
 > pf_set_area should be called on each chapter or title change so you should
 > be able to track the changes you want.

Okay, thanks. That helps. Problem solved.

 > What do you mean exactly by VCD configuration variables ?
 > Do you mean the "chapter" and "title" variables that are used by the new
 > interfaces to get/set the chapter/title value ?

Sorry no. In the example and code fragment that I was using to try to
use convey this:

vlc_module_begin();
    set_description( _("Video CD (VCD 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, SVCD, HQVCD) input") );
    add_category_hint( N_("VCD"), NULL, VLC_TRUE );
    add_integer ( "vcd-debug", 0, NULL, DEBUG_TEXT, DEBUG_LONGTEXT, VLC_TRUE );

the intent was to a set a *new* dynamic debug variable to control
output for just the VCD plugin. I was referring to new variables that
would appear in the GUI such as the GTK+ GUI and ~/.vlc/vlvcrc.

Here's another example of such a configuration variable. Suppose I
want the user to be able indicate whether the slider range should
represent the range of an entry rather than the range of a track. In
the GTK+ GUI this might appear as a checkbox and as additional lines in
vlcrc.

Thanks.