[vlc-devel] Re: PTS is out of range (), dropping buffer, late picture skipped

Bart Kerver bart.kerver at surfnet.nl
Thu Jul 24 13:14:06 CEST 2003

Gildas,

> Can you try to directly dump the incoming stream to disk with the following command:
>
> ./vlc udp/dump:@233.81.233.12:12345 --demuxdump-file foo.mpg
>
> If the resulting file is playable by vlc than you are facing the problem I was referring to.

it is...

[bart at video vlc-0.6.1-test1-patch-BART]# ./vlc
udp/dump:@233.81.233.12:12345 --mtu=16384 --demuxdump-file foo.mpg
VideoLAN Client 0.6.1-test1 Trevelyan
[00000310] main input: playlist item `udp/dump:@233.81.233.12:12345'
remote control interface initialized, `h' for help
[00000310] demuxdump input: dumping raw stream to file `foo.mpg'
signal 2 received, terminating vlc - do it again in case it gets stuck
[00000310] demuxdump input: closing foo.mpg (6944 Kbytes dumped)
[00000310] access_udp input: closing UDP target
`udp/dump:@233.81.233.12:12345'

Playback of foo.mpg is fine.

Gildas, you think this is a server of vlc related problem and if so
should I report this to VLC-bugzilla?

Bart