[vlc-devel] Re: wxWin related build problem

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Fri Jul 25 00:23:49 CEST 2003

On Thursday 24 July 2003 23:52, Joe Kraft wrote:

> I just updated my CVS and I'm having a problem with the wxwindows plugin.
> When compiling with Cygwin/Mingw I get the following errors:

/home/Joe/vlc/build-mingw-debug/modules/gui/wxwindows/../../../../modules/gu
> i/wxwindows/wxwindows.cpp:225: undefined reference to
`wxEntry(HINSTANCE__*,
> HINSTANCE__*, char*, int)'
>
> I haven't spent the appropriate amount of time researching myself, but I
> have to quit for the night and am curious.  I noticed that in the library
> set that Gildas posted it includes the wxmsw 2.5 library, I'm still
linking
> against the 2.4 library... are there any 2.5 specific things being used in
> in the plugin or should it still link against 2.4?

You gessed right. I'm using 2.5 cvs and they changed the prototype for
wxEntry().

To be able to compile with an old wxWindows for now you can just comment out
the declaration of wxEntry() in modules/gui/wxwindows/wxwindows.cpp line
38.

I'll see if I can fix this properly.

--
Gildas