[vlc-devel] Re: Adding Configuration options (Was Re: ps.c and VCD's use)

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Fri Jul 25 04:01:02 CEST 2003

Gildas Bazin writes:
 > Ok, all you need to do is declare the config variable in the
 > "vlc_module_begin()" section.

Okay, got it. Thanks. Basically the example I gave before was
correct.

I just didn't realize it was correct since I erroneously assumed it
would be a separate tab under "Input" or by itself (e.g. "VCD") And
although I saw "vcd" under the "miscellaneous" tab in the "access"
list.  I hadn't seen or hit the "Configuration" button which needs to
be pressed to see the new options underneath. And additional lines to
~/.vlc/vlcrc are written only when there is a change (or save?) made.

But again, I have understand what's going on now. And again, thanks!