[vlc-devel] Re: wxWin related build problem

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Fri Jul 25 21:17:14 CEST 2003

On Friday 25 July 2003 19:00, Joe Kraft wrote:

> Is there any functionality of the wxwindows plugin that is lost by using
> 2.4 release instead of 2.5 cvs?  Is there anything related to the skins
> plugin? I'm not currently building skins, but just curious.

Not really. I'm using 2.5 because there is a bug in 2.4.0 which makes VLC
hang when opening some of the dialogs on win32. It might have been fixed in
2.4.1 though.
I'm also using 2.5 on linux because the 2.4.1 GTK version has also a couple
of annoying bugs that have been fixed in 2.5.

As for the skins plugin. It doesn't exactly require wxWindows but it will
make use of our wxWindows interface plugin (to display some dialogs) if
this last one is available.

> One more wxwindows question while I'm thinking about it.  Does anyone have
> a recommendation about what flavor or wxwindows to use on a FreeBSD
> machine?

I would say the GTK2 version with unicode support (wxGTK). I'm using it on
linux and it works quite well. You can also use the X11 version which is a
bit more basic.

Regards,

--
Gildas