[vlc-devel] Re: problem

Eric Petit titer at videolan.org
Sun Jun 8 18:14:23 CEST 2003

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003, Constantino Carera Junior wrote:
> I know that is not the correct mail to ask things, but i don´t want
> join at a list only for ask that:
> Using videolan, can any information of my pc be send to the server ?

 Not at this time. The client computer is currently passive and cannot
"ask" anything to the server.

 If want to do VOD with VideoLAN, all you can try is putting your media
files on a HTTP server and read them thanks to the HTTP input module of
VLC; then you can seek, play faster, etc.

 We are looking forward to implement full RTSP support to be able to do
real VOD with VideoLAN, but I can't tell when it will actually be done.

 Regards,

--
Eric Petit <titer at videolan.org>