[vlc-devel] MPEG2 video demuxer questions

j.zorko at att.net j.zorko at att.net
Wed Jun 11 21:51:29 CEST 2003

Hello, all ...

Is there a piece of (accurate) documentation on the MPEG2 demux module in VLC?  I'm trying to
figure out where / how it handles things like sequence headers / GOPs / I-frames / etc., and the
VLC documentation on videolan.org seems to be out of step with the source.  I'm trying to
implement an "only play I-frames" mode for ff / rew, so I need to know how VLC a.) identifies an I-
frame, and b.) find one (seek +/- n I-frames from the current one).  I don't want to duplicate a
bunch of code that finds start codes in the file if I don't have to ...

Regards,

John

--
Falling You - exploring the beauty