[vlc-devel] Status of VLC
d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Mon Jun 16 02:09:28 CEST 2003
I've just been sorting out my list of problematic movies
I'm happy to say that a lot is working in 0.6.0, thank god.
I now have the following list.
Added some todo stuff on big important features as well.
- MSGSM/MSN etc.
- amr and amr-nb
- Real media ( there are real audio codecs in ffmpeg now, but we don't
even support the fileformat)
Partial (either VLC or external decoder has a problem)
- ASV1 via ffmpeg, but crashes immediatly for me via VLC.
- SVQ1 on OSX, ffmpeg has an altivec issue which creates weird colors.
The native QT library decoder only shows a green window (first frame
????) This is a qt lib decoder problem i guess.
- 3iv1 should work on osx via native QT library decoder, but crashes
- VP31, in development by ffmpeg. still not there, major blocking (at
least on osx). The native QT library ought to be able to decode it with
QT components by xiph.org, but the decoder crashes.
- IV3*, is said to work on little endian via ffmpeg. has anyone tested
this? The big endian problems are a ffmpeg problem.
- MACE stereo via ffmpeg is not working. (mono is) This is an ffmpeg
- MACE mono, QDM2 mono via qt lib decoder isn't working. I suspect this
goes for all mono trough this decoder. Our problem.
Then i've also got some weird avi file which doesn't start it's audio
track for some reason. if I deactivate and then reactivate the track,
Other Unsupported stuff.
- some SVCD's
- filesubs over ogm and mpeg files.
- closed caption subs on anime DVD's
- input 4, fenrir is working on it
- lot's of other subfile options for which Dnumgis already did great
work, but still needs improving. (Does this have to be a filter? It's
slow :( )
- centralized keybindings, again Dnumgis did great work, but needs help
- playlist system needs a lot of work. we've all read the RFC didn't we?
- http control module with parsing support so ppl can create their own
html for it. (hardcoded html is no way to go about this ;) This could
really rock (authentication support is also needed)
- Win CE port would rock the world
- ALSA needs improvement
- porting of skins to OSX
- bring everything to UTF8
- add something like a wait, or buffer event to tell the intf that we
are working on your request ;)
That's probably the big stuff.
Videolan - VLC media player
Derk-Jan Hartman (thedj at users.sourceforge.net)
Co-Developer of the MacOS X port of vlc
This is the vlc-devel mailing-list, see http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
To unsubscribe, please read http://developers.videolan.org/lists.html
If you are in trouble, please contact <postmaster at videolan.org>
More information about the vlc-devel