[vlc-devel] Re: 0.5.2-test3 (OS X) - Couple of problems...

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Thu Mar 6 01:29:07 CET 2003

On woensdag, maa 5, 2003, at 22:30 Europe/Amsterdam, Ken Loyd wrote:
> Notes on -test3 (OS X):
> - I now get no sound at all in VLC with any movie, in either A52 mode
> or Stereo PCM (my only two options).

This is real strange because we have several reports that this is
working for people. What version of the Sonica drivers are you using?
You also said that with test2 you did get audio, and nothing changed in
the audio output between test2 and test3, only the quality should be
better. We did replace the re-sampler, but i don't see how that could
be the problem.

> - Checking 'Show advanced options' in the preferences causes the
> preferences dialog to disappear, and now when I select preferences,
> the dialog does not come up.

It should disappear and reappear immediately. perhaps your preference
file is corrupted. Please remove HOME->Library->Preferences->VLC->vlcrc
and test this again. I cannot reproduce this issue at the moment.

> (Unfortunately, since I can't get into preferences, I can check my
> setting re: sound.)
>
> Thanks!
> Ken

Videolan - VLC media player