[vlc-devel] Re: Patch: declaration of FOURCC_RV24

Olivier Aubert oaubert at bat710.univ-lyon1.fr
Mon Mar 10 21:39:40 CET 2003

> But next time, look at your patch before sending it. It has been generated
> in the reversed order :p
Oopss... I am developping on vlc-0.5.0 but keeping an eye on vlc-cvs.
Kind of schizophrenic to have to think that for patches, vlc-0.5.0 is
the new version, and vlc-cvs the old one... I will remember it next
time.

> > Bonus question : does anybody else have a problem with the RGB32 or
> > RGB24 conversion ? It seems to convert only the red component of the
> > data, setting the two other components to 0.
My fault. I forgot to initialize the bitmasks in the output heap, after
having initialized a picture with AllocatePicture. Maybe the comment in
vout_pictures.c (FIXME: p_heap isn't always reachable) should be more
explicit until a clean way to do it is found (an extra "heap" argument
in AllocatePicture, an extra InitializeHeap function, or the assumption
that the p_pic->p_heap is always reachable (which is not currently the
case) ?).

Olivier