[vlc-devel] Re: Multiple-Monitor Crash Bug under MacOSX 10.2.x

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Wed Mar 12 23:45:13 CET 2003

We do not know of this bug.
Can you please provide us with CrashLogs?

To quote from: http://www.videolan.org/support/bug-reporting.html
> Please send along the last part of
> ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/VLC.crash.log if you can. Many crashes of
> VLC are logged in this file. You can open the file from VLC by going
> to the menu Window and choosing Messages. Now click the "Open
> CrashLog" button.
> Please make sure you send the last crash (at the bottom of the file)
> and that it actually is the crash you described. The Date/Time field
> reports the time of the crash so that way you can check if it is the
> crash you experienced, or an earlier one.

Please help us solve this bug.
Derk-Jan Hartman

On woensdag, maa 12, 2003, at 19:56 Europe/Amsterdam, David Douglas
wrote:
> Well done first of all on such a good app!
>
> Recently I have installed an ATI Radeon 7000 PCI Card for my
> Quicksilver
> 733MHz G4 Mac.  This enables me to run another moniter!
>
> Anyway since running the card I've noticed that VLC crashes
> consistently!  I
> have tested both VLC V5.2 & V4.6.  V5.2 freezes the system straight
> away
> once a movie is opened, & V4.6 Freezes once movie is dragged onto my
> second
> monitor powered by the ATI Card. Restart is nessecary
>
> I have downloaded the latest OSX drivers for the ATI Card, & I'm
> running
> OSX10.2.3 with Quicktime 6.0.2.
> (My AGP Card is a Nvidia GeForce2.)
>
> Did you know about this bug?
> I hope you can fix this soon!  I really love your app guys...
Videolan - VLC media player
Derk-Jan 'The DJ' Hartman
Co-Developer of the MacOS X port of vlc
Mail: mailto:thedj at users.sourceforge.net