[vlc-devel] Re: VLC on the Yopy

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Mon Mar 17 09:43:50 CET 2003

Daniel Mark wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I did not now where to mail this, I hope this is the rigth e-mail adress.
> On the yopy page it says one should contact you if VLC works on
> different configurations than the 3000. I'm happy to say it works on
> Yopy3500/3700 wirh Linupy 2.0!

Thanks for this report you send it to the right place. Sending it
vlc at videolan.org was also a good place ;-)

> There is only a small difference where the files should be located, on
> the 3x00 models the files should be put in /usr/bin, /usr/share and
> /usr/lib instead of /usr/local/bin and etc.

I think this could be fixed easily ;-)

> Videoplayback works OK with small MPEG files ~10mb. AVI files will bring
> sound, but no picture. I played the "For the birds" clip seen on the
> screenshot, but it lagged behind alot.

This is due limited CPU horse power of the StrongArm in Yopy. Maybe we
could squeze a bit more out of it, but that will take time.

> Thanks for the port,

Thanks for the report.

--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

Software Architect

e-mail (work): saman at natlab.research.philips.com
phone  (work): 040 27 42909
Ordina TA,
Science Park Eindhoven 5602, Postbus 293, 5600 AG Eindhoven
e-mail : jean-paul.saman at ordina.nl
phone  : 040 2601200
fax    : 040 2601199