[vlc-devel] Re: Mac OSX Suggestion/Question

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Mon Mar 17 15:53:55 CET 2003

On maandag, maa 17, 2003, at 06:50 Europe/Amsterdam,
mandlemail at earthlink.net wrote:
> Is there a module or setting in VLC/MacOSX that allows you to send
> your video output to Firewire ports? This is where I've been lurking
> http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/Darwin/IOKit/
> DeviceInterfaces/FireWire/WorkingWFireWireDI/FWDevInterfaces/
> chapter_1_section_3.html
>
> Keep up the terrific work!

There is none atm. It was already on our todo list. Thank you for the
link, i have added it to our bugreport of the enhancement.
we would need a developer with a Firewire DV device. And someone with
the time to implement it.

There are currently more pressing issues, which we need to handle.
We welcome any help with this.

DJ

Videolan - VLC media player
Derk-Jan 'The DJ' Hartman