[vlc-devel] Re: rc interface (remove playlist item)

Loïc Minier lool at via.ecp.fr
Wed Mar 19 15:52:45 CET 2003

Ariel Fritz <duin at tutopia.com> - Wed, Mar 19, 2003:

> I want to add a  playlist item remover on the rc interface. How can I do
> it?

   Please note you should not reply to a post to start a new thread,
 removing the subject line is not enough to correct this, you have to
 create a new mail. However, do not send your message a third time.

   Your question has its answer in the source code, the source for the
 rc interface is in modules/control/rc/rc.c and to remove an item of the
 playlist, you should do something like:

    playlist_t *     p_playlist;

    /* remove an entry of the playlist */
    p_playlist = (playlist_t *) vlc_object_find( p_intf, VLC_OBJECT_PLAYLIST,
                                                 FIND_ANYWHERE );
    if( !p_playlist )
    {
        msg_Warn( p_input, "hey I can't find the main playlist" );
        return VLC_FALSE;
    }

    p_playlist->pp_items[p_playlist->i_index]->b_autodeletion = VLC_TRUE;
    vlc_object_release( (vlc_object_t *)p_playlist );

   This code will result in the removal of the playlist of an item after
 it has been processed.

    Kindest regards,

--
Loïc Minier <lool at via.ecp.fr>