[vlc-devel] Re: freetype2 text module

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Thu Mar 20 01:50:49 CET 2003

I've been making some more progress. I've modify the lirc interface to
provide feedback on which button is pressed, and I've managed hack the
subtitle module so that it display with this module in addition to the old
way.

> What still needs to be done:
> support all different colorspaces
Still left

> end date, and possibly start date for a given string
I whould need the variable system to support VLC_VAR_TIME to do these (this
is currently unimplemented). For now I use a integer duration (counting from
now). If anyone feels like implementing VLC_VAR_TIME I whould be very happy

> make the interface thread safe
Done
> general cleanups and sanity checks
> highlevel api for positioning (top, left, bottom, right...)
These are still left, but shouldn't be too much work.

> Do anyone have anything against this way of doing it, or ideas on how to do
> it better? Please let me know.
If anyone have serious objections to this way of doing this, please speak
out soon before I spend to much work on this.

Sigmund