[vlc-devel] Re: Reg Avi streaming

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Mon May 5 14:29:08 CEST 2003

On Mon, May 05, 2003, Shakthi M wrote:
> I'm intersted in doing AVI streaming which's not
> supported in VLC so far. I'll be happy if anyone could
> help me in this issue.I believe that the vlc
> developers
> would have tried out AVI streaming defnitely.So wat r
> the pblm they faced during that trial. why it's not
> feasible so far. I'm interested to hear abt it.

 You can take an avi file and then streams it (try with ts as output format or
ogg over http), but you cannot stream with avi as output format.

 This limitation comes from the format itself : it's designed for local
playback. By the way, how do you want to stream as avi ? (over http,
broadcasted, rtp ...)

--
fenrir