[vlc-devel] Re: Latest CVS source and Mac OSX

Derk-Jan Hartman d.hartman at student.utwente.nl
Mon May 12 06:43:59 CEST 2003

On maandag, mei 12, 2003, at 05:48 Europe/Amsterdam, John Michael Zorko
wrote:
> Loic,
> Thanks for your continued assistance!
>
>>> I have been -- I can build VLC 0.5.3 fine following those directions.
>>> It is only when trying to build the latest VLC sources from CVS that
>>> run into these problems.  I am using Christophe's /usr/local ...
>>
>>    Christophe's /usr/local ships with automake 1.6, the error suggests
>>  you have an older version in your path, how is your path?
>
> Last login: Sun May 11 20:43:32 on ttyp2
> Welcome to Darwin!
> [Pugsley:~] jmzorko% echo $PATH
> /usr/local/bin:/sw/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/sw/bin:/usr/
> X11R6/bin

So your path is correct. don't mind what whereis says, which gets it
right.

> [Pugsley:~/multimedia/videolan/mpeg2dec-0.3.2-cvs] jmzorko% automake
> --version
> automake (GNU automake) 1.6.3
the CM version is 1.6.3
> [Pugsley:~/multimedia/videolan/mpeg2dec-0.3.2-cvs] jmzorko% autoconf
> --version
> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.52
the CM version is 2.5.7

Are you sure you have the latest version of his files?  i don't
remember i upgraded either of those recently, i'm pretty sure they are
from CM

My bootstrap says this.
+ aclocal -I autotools
+ libtoolize --force --copy
You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `autotools'.
+ autoheader
+ automake --add-missing --copy
configure.in:10: `automake requires `AM_CONFIG_HEADER', not
`AC_CONFIG_HEADER'
+ autoconf
+ rm -f config.cache

So the problem is definitely with your autoconf version.
DJ

---
Videolan - VLC media player
Derk-Jan Hartman (thedj at users.sourceforge.net)