[vlc-devel] Re: Latest CVS source and Mac OSX

John Michael Zorko j.zorko at att.net
Tue May 13 02:49:25 CEST 2003

Christophe, Loic et al ...

OK, i've got the latest VLC (from CVS) building and running on my iBook
(Mac OSX 10.2.6) now.  Thanks very much for all of the help ...

Some observations:

1. Streaming from one VLC to another works now (RTP / UDP mcast), at
least on the same machine.  I couldn't get this to work with 0.5.3 on
OSX (though it worked on RHLinux 9 no problem).

2. The client VLC (the one getting the stream from the server VLC),
when playing the stream, only plays the video for awhile before it goes
weird, though the audio continues.  I'm going to try this with other
VOBs before I say anything else, I want to make sure it wasn't anything
weird with the way I ripped it ...

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
New EP, "hope thrown down," available now at
http://www.mp3.com/fallingyou