[vlc-devel] VLC 0.6.0

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Tue May 13 22:37:19 CEST 2003

Dear friends,

Considering the huge amount of improvements the next version will
feature (new stream output & transcoding capabilities, SVQ3 support
in ffmpeg, WxWindows default intf under win32, localization under
BeOS, v4l input under Linux, audio bug fix under OS X, etc.), I
suggest that we jump directly to 0.6.0.

Maybe we should take some more time to polish those changes, so I
think we should release 0.6.0-test1 soon, and only freeze the strings
next week with 0.6.0-test2.

For OS X developers, I have uploaded a new /usr/local package which
works with the latest CVS :
http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan/devtools/macosx-usr-local.tar.bz2

--
Christophe Massiot.