[vlc-devel] Stream clocking for MP3 ...

j.zorko at att.net j.zorko at att.net
Fri May 16 20:17:22 CEST 2003

Hello, all ...

I think I can explain the wobbly audio problem -- I believe it has something to do with the way
MP3 packets read from the file are timestamped, i.e. seeking around either via the seek rc
command or my new ff / rewind commands (which basically call input_Seek() every n length of
time until the ff / rewind command is stopped).  If the timestamp is based on the file offset, then
this could cause the audio output FIFO (I think) to become a bit weirded out with respect to the
amount of time it thinks it has in it.

I'm still greppin' around, but some direction on where the timestamping code is would be nice ...
can anyone point me at it?

Regards,

John

--