[vlc-devel] Re: VLC 0.6.0-test1

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed May 21 01:38:19 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 20 May 2003 14:23, Anatoly R. wrote:

> GB> wxWindows becoming the default intferface under Win32,
>
> Win32:
>
> Looks nice, but I don't see volume controls anywhere.

I'll try to see what I can do.

> It's also much harder to add couple of files to playlist now.

This is fixed in cvs now.

> Time seeking problem for m2v files wasn't solved and I don't think
> it's in your todo list. I'm playing musicvideos in m2v format and
> playing time is always incorrect for thousands of files.

Did you fill a bug report in bugzilla ? That helps us not to forget about
requests/bugs.

> I saw that first step to keep window size after playlist entry change
> (first movie ends, second one starts) was done in CVS but this release
> doesn't feature any improvements of that kind.

I guess we can add a configuration option for this (disabled by default).

> New Preferences are awesome but you probably need to change button
> title "Advanced..." to "Back to Simple" or just "Simple..." after
> pushing it.

Taking note :)

> I've got new box some time ago. It's Compaq Evo D510 ePC.
> It has P4 2.4ghz processor and integrated Intel video/audio/network.
> The box is very compact and small but VLC started to lock up for 4-5
> seconds each ~40 seconds of playing. I'm going to try 0.4.x branch if
> you want, but that happens to 0.5.0, 0.5.1 and latest 0.6.1. This
> doesn't happen anywhere else.

Hmmm, never seen this. Does it happen only when playing special files, or
maybe DVDs ? What happens if you disable the video (--novideo) or the audio
(--noaudio) ?

> I'm thinking about other things - if I'll come up with some other
> suggestions I'll post it here for sure since I'm reading that list on
> daily basis.

Do not hesitate, feedback from users is always appreciated.

--
Gildas