[vlc-devel] Reports on 5.1 audio with VLC-win32 ?

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed May 21 01:58:15 CEST 2003

Hello everybody.

Quite a few users have complained about 5.1 audio output (analog, not spdif)
not working with VLC for win32. Apparently it produces garbled sound.
The worrying thing is that I also don't recall any user reporting success
while playing 5.1 audio.

Unfortunately I can't test this myself as I don't have a 5.1 system here.
This is why I'm asking for reports on this issue (success or failure).

For testing you can use:
http://www.videolan.org/pub/testing/vlc-0.6.0-test1/win32/vlc-0.6.0-test1-win32.exe
and this nice test sample:
http://www.videolan.org/pub/videolan/streams/dolby_trailers/Dolby_AC3Test.vob

Also, if somebody has the means to test this and the competences to fix the
problem in the directx audio output, I'd be glad to help him out setting up
a build environment for vlc.

Thanks,

--
Gildas