[vlc-devel] Re: Reports on 5.1 audio with VLC-win32 ?

Joe Kraft hishadow at netcabo.pt
Wed May 21 22:43:05 CEST 2003

I tried using the test1 code and AC3 test specified.  I don't know exactly
how the subwoofer is supposed to tie in to everything, but here's what
happened.

It plays and the L, C, R, LS, and RS speakers activate at the proper times,
and they don't cause audio on any of the others when they're activated.  The
subwoofer plays with all channels, as well as it's own channel by itself.

I've attached the log if you want to see the whole run with the
THX_Cimmarron.vob file.  The audio sounds good (certainly not garbled), I
will admit I'm no hardcore audiophile though.

Joe Kraft