[vlc-devel] Re: Problem with configure

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Wed May 28 14:01:29 CEST 2003

Patrik Schindler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to compile vls 0.52 myself on my i686-pc-linux-gnu box (glibc-2.1.3). I don't want DVB support which is disabled by default (so configure --help).

You *need* libdvbpsi not only for DVB support, but mainly for
contructing and checking MPEG2-TS streams and files.

> Unfortunately even with disabled DVB-support, vls insists on using DVB-PSI (which I don't want to install, since I don't want DVB support).

By using libdvbpsi you are not using DVB support. I can see that the
naming of the library is confusing for people that are not familiar with
the MPEG and DVB specifications.

Download libdvbpsi, configure, make and install it before running
configure on vls source.

--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

Software Architect

e-mail (work): saman at natlab.research.philips.com
phone  (work): 040 27 42674
Ordina TA,
Science Park Eindhoven 5602, Postbus 293, 5600 AG Eindhoven
e-mail : jean-paul.saman at ordina.nl
phone  : 040 2601200
fax    : 040 2601199