[vlc-devel] FW: VLC 0.6.0-test2 - compilation erro

Simon simon at digiglobal.com
Wed May 28 17:30:31 CEST 2003

Hi,
I downloaded the source, but I get the following error:

configure: error: Your libmpeg2 is too old (you need the cvs version): you
may get a more recent one from http://libmpeg2.sf.net/. Alternatively you
can use-disable-libmpeg2 to disable the libmpeg2 plugin.
I then downloaded "mpeg2dec-20030408.tar.gz" from the videolan CVS site, and
followed instructions given in the HACKING file.
But I get the following error when trying to bootstrap.
[root at rama mpeg2dec]# ./bootstrap
* aclocal -I autotools
* libtoolize-force-copy You should update your 'aclocal.m4' by running
aclocal.  Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, 'autotools'.
* autoheader
* automake-add-missing-copy
configure.in:10: 'automake requires 'AM_CONFIG_HEADER', not
'AC_CONFIG_HEADER'
* autoconf
* rm -f config.cache
[root at rama mpeg2dec]#
Can somebody please tell me the correct procedure.
Thanks you - Simon