[vlc-devel] Re: configurable hotkeys

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed May 28 19:59:31 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 28 May 2003 11:09, Boris Dorès wrote:

>   Maybe I misunderstood your point, but I can't see why, if there is a
> way for the vout to handle these events, the interface couldn't.

There are 2 things you don't seem to understand here:

1- Video outputs are higly platform dependant while the interfaces mostly
aren't. Which means that the events loop has to run in the vout. The vout
depends on this to correctly display the video and reimplementing the
events loop for all the possible vouts in all the interfaces is not an
option.

2- Apparently you aren't planning to add the "video window created by the
interface" in all the available interfaces (rc, http, lirc...) so you need
to have the events loop in the vout anyway.

If you still don't understand this then don't worry you'll see what I mean
when you'll actually start coding on it.

--
Gildas