[vlc-devel] Re: ehm...

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Wed May 28 20:20:38 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 28 May 2003 17:43, Anatoly R. wrote:
> Hello vlc-devel,
>
>   I had to move back to build
>
>   vlc-0.6.0-test1-20030526
>
>   because somebody did not commit anything related to fast processors
>   into cvs.

If you are talking about the test build I sent you that solves the frequent
pause problem than it's not a fast processor issue. It's a screwed
processor issue. The default vlc build rely on the performance counter of
the processor to get an highly precise clock. And unfortunately it is
completely screwed on your processor.

The test build I sent you uses only a very poor resolution clock (around
50ms resolution) and I'm not sure yet it is enough to make it the default.
Ideal way would be to propose this choice as an option but it isn't exactly
easy to do...

Anyway I'll try to see what I can do.

--
Gildas