[vlc-devel] Re: FW: VLC 0.6.0-test2 - compilation erro

Michel LESPINASSE walken at zoy.org
Thu May 29 09:49:25 CEST 2003

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 08:16:17PM +0200, Gildas Bazin wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 May 2003 17:54, Simon wrote:
> > Thanks for the quick response.
> >
> > But I forgot to mention that I get an error when I issue the "make"
> command.
> > Here are last 20 odd line:  (log file attached)
> >
> > /home/linux/mpeg2dec/libvo/video_out_sdl.c:143: undefined reference to
> > `SDL_Init'
>
> Don't worry about these ones. The libmpeg2 library has already been created
> when you reach this step in the compilation.

This is true - if libvo fails to build, you should already have a
libmpeg2 library suitable for running videolan.

However, I got someone else that complained about the same libvo build
issues with rh90, and I'm wondering what's the reason here. I guess I
can try and get my hands on a rh90 machine to try it.... if someone
knows what's going on I'd be happy to hear from him though :)

Cheers,

--
Michel "Walken" LESPINASSE
"In this time of war against Osama bin Laden and the oppressive