[vlc-devel] Re: Adding items to playlist

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Nov 3 19:12:41 CET 2003

On Sunday 02 November 2003 22:46, Ariel Fritz wrote:
> Hi Vlc people
>
> I´m trying to add items to playlist using rc interface and I´d like to
know something about it.

> 1) Can I add a new item to the playlist without it be the current play
item? If I playing any item and I add a new one, this new item is the
current playing item.

You can't without modifying the source code of the rc interface.
in modules/control/rc.c line 659, remove the PLAYLIST_GO flag.

I think I'll modify the code to only play the item if it's the first item
added to the playlist... anybody against this ?

> 2)Can I insert a new item in the middle of the playlist?

Again you'll need to modify the code. playlist_Add() can take an index
parameter to insert a new item.

--
Gildas