[vlc-devel] Re: Made it - now what?

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Nov 3 19:36:42 CET 2003

On Tuesday 28 October 2003 15:30, Mike Moreton wrote:
> I've just finished compiling vlc under cygwin, without the UNIX
> emulation layer.
>
> When I run it from the system where it is built, the GUI gets totally
> messed up (the buttons are obscured by the bottom of the window), and
> when I move it to another system it doesn't run at all.

You likely used a cvs version of the wxWindows libraries... I also had the
same problem... there seems to be a bug in there.

Please try the pre-compiled contrib packages we provide:
http://www.videolan.org/pub/testing/win32/
made from these sources packages:
http://www.videolan.org/pub/testing/contrib/

Also if you want to "move" you vlc to another system, you should "package"
it so you don't forget any necessary files.
Just do a "make package-win32-zip" and it will create you a nice
self-contained zip package.

--
Gildas