[vlc-devel] VCD demux and input?

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Fri Nov 7 13:27:23 CET 2003

I have been looking yet again at how the VCD plugin can make some
progress towards handling keyboard input and still frames with
timeouts. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Right now still frames are handled in the VCD plugin by having the
read routine return null blocks when the end of the still is hit.  In
the DVD code, the end of a still frame is handled by a DVD
demuxer. However if I mimic code from that and not use the "ps"
demuxer, I run into the fact that stream.p_selected_program and
pp_programs[0] are not initialized.  It would look like I'd have to
copy the code from demux/mpeg/ps.c's Activate() routine to initialize
these two stream fields.. All this cut-and-paste code seems a bit
ugly and prone to getting out of sync. Suggestions?

Leaving aside this, there is also just adding some sort of keyboard input.
I have inside the main plugin file vcd.c this:

    add_submodule();
        set_capability( "interface", 0 );
        set_callbacks( E_(VCDOpenIntf), E_(VCDCloseIntf) );

But I'm not sure how I can get VCDOpenIntf to get called.

Thanks.