[vlc-devel] VCD roadmap (Was Re: VCD demux and input?)

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Sat Nov 8 17:03:18 CET 2003

Thanks for the information about what to do about the demuxer and the
pointer on to intf_Create().

Using intf_Create, I've now got my local copy of CVS seeing keyboard
input. Thanks!

So fairly soon I should be able to perform actions on the keys entered
and menu selection should work. When that happens, I'll check this back
into CVS.

I don't see hot keys for numeric entry, so right now I've got the
digits hard-coded to the ASCII values '0'..'9'. That seems to also
work with the numeric keypad when num-lock is on. The hot keys for
ACTIONID_NAV_xxx, however I can use.

Can the hot key values be customized? Right now I don't see how.

Since I don't have a demuxer yet, all of this gets run out of the main
module (vcd.c) and some structures that probably should be separate
have been put into one bigger structure. So there's a bit of cleanup
to do; some code from vcd.c should be moved to access.c (currently
unused). But I think a bit of this will happen after the next commit
which will include menu selection is.