[vlc-devel] Re: VLC with opie

Jean-Paul Saman saman at natlab.research.philips.com
Thu Nov 27 08:57:50 CET 2003

류영숙 wrote:
>   I had installed VLC with opie on NotePC.
>
> I was cross compiling. Target Platform'CPU is x86.
>
> I can't use X11, gtk..now I can use only opie.

Ok !

> Configure parameters are
>

>   ./configure --enable-qt --enable-opie --with-qte=$QTDIR

You need far more --disable-xxx things, because a lot is enabled by
default. To see what is enabled by default do a ./configure --help and
analyse its output.
Now you can make your choice of what features to use.

> I got some errors when working VLC.
>
>  ./vlc
>
>  VideoLAN Client 0.6.2 Trevelyan
>
>  [00000016] main interface error : no interface module matched "any"
>
>  [00000016] main interface error : no suitable intf module

You forgot to install the plugin libraries of VLC. If you run this with
-vvv then a lot more usefull information is printed.

> So
>
> I reinstalled VLC after changing configure parameters.
>
>   ./configure --enable-qt --enable-opie --with-qte=$QTDIR
> --disable-gnome --disable-gtk --disable-X11
>
> But I got errors like before.

Again same problem. Installing without plugins won't work.

Look at the rules install and install-plugins in ipkg/rules.opie. These
will tell you what you *need* to do when installing vlc by manually. I
listed the important things here below:

PKGDIR=${HOME}/vlc-to-install

install: build
         rm -fr ${PKGDIR}/
         mkdir -p ${PKGDIR}/CONTROL
         mkdir -p $(PKGDIR)/usr/bin
         mkdir -p ${PKGDIR}/usr/share/vlc
         mkdir -p ${PKGDIR}/usr/lib/menu
         mkdir -p ${PKGDIR}/usr/lib/vlc
         mkdir -p ${PKGDIR}/opt/QtPalmtop/bin
         mkdir -p ${PKGDIR}/opt/QtPalmtop/apps/Applications
         $(STRIP) vlc
         cp ipkg/control.opie $(PKGDIR)/CONTROL/control
         cp ipkg/postinst.opie ${PKGDIR}/CONTROL/postinst
         cp ipkg/postrm.opie ${PKGDIR}/CONTROL/postrm
         cp share/vlc48x48.png  ${PKGDIR}/usr/share/vlc
         cp vlc $(PKGDIR)/usr/bin
         cp ipkg/vlc.opie ${PKGDIR}/opt/QtPalmtop/bin/opie-vlc
         cp ipkg/vlc.desktop ${PKGDIR}/opt/QtPalmtop/apps/Applications

install-plugins: install
         find ./modules/ -name *.so -print -depth | xargs cp $1
${PKGDIR}/usr/lib/vlc

> How do I configure VLC ??

Look in ipkg/rules.opie the CONFIG_FLAGS environment variable will show
you how to configure VLC for opie/QT Embedded.

The easiest would be to adapt that script for your own needs. You only
need to change paths of the 3rd party libraries, environment variable
(CC, CXX, AR, LD, etc.)

Of course you need to compile the 3rd party libaries too. You need most
of the libraries listed on http://www.videolan.org/vlc/sources.html

--
Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman