[vlc-devel] Re: parallel videos? and header location

Matthias Weber mweber at TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Thu Nov 27 11:10:42 CET 2003

--On Tuesday, November 25, 2003 19:10:50 +0100 Olivier Aubert
<oaubert at bat710.univ-lyon1.fr> wrote:
>> BTW: I wrote a simple video output plugin which writes the movie
>> images into an array (as RGB32-data). This array can be read by
>> other parts of the software, e.g. my Performer texture node.
>> If you find this would be another good output plugin for the
>> project I could send it to someone who would be responsible for
>> that or I would add it to CVS if anyone tells me how I could/should
>> do this.
> Maybe we should share our code on this : I implemented a snapshot
> module, which is basically a video output which holds a cache of images
> (50 by default) in a specified (low) resolution and chroma, and can be
> accessed through a control plugin (corba for the moment).

Isn't corba a little bit slow? Ok, it's a convenient way to get the
images. But I need these images in realtime.

> I wanted to submit it but was waiting to cleanly finish it by
> implementing a last feature: snapshot timestamping (in order to be able
> to access the snapshot corresponding to a precise position). Alas, the
> p_pic->date information is not available to video output modules, and I
> was watching with interest the es_out-related commits in the CVS, which
> should help in this area (if I understood correctly).
>
> If you want to have a look, it is available at:
> http://www710.univ-lyon1.fr/~oaubert/tmp/snapshot.c

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /~oaubert/tmp/snapshot.c on this server.

Ok, as you can see, I can't get the file because of permission
problems.
I don't know at the moment where I could put my plugin. But I could
mail it to you, if you want.

Another problem I had:
As I used vlc and especially libvlc in my own program I needed to include
the header of the new video output plugin and to link to the according
so-file. The second thing is not the problem but headers are not
installed automatically. Maybe this should be changed and also all
headers should reside in a special directory (vlc for example ;-)).
This is just a suggestion, I think it would be much work to change
it. For me copying all headers to the include directory of the
installation by hand works fine.

Matthias