[vlc-devel] Some dependancy problems

R. Bernstein rocky at panix.com
Fri Nov 28 23:00:45 CET 2003

Jason Luka writes:
 > Okay, I'm trying to make an ideal build of VLC for Red Hat/Fedora, but
 > it seems to have some compile problems.
 >
 > The configure script is calling for libcdio at 0.65, when 0.64 is the
 > latest release, and calling for libvcd 0.7.20 when 0.7.14 is the latest
 > release.  Any suggestions?

Try the CVS version for now. I'm out of town right now. In a couple of
days I'll make a candidate libcdio 0.65 and vcdimager 0.7.20 releases
available via FTP.

Did you read this part in the last message when I wrote:

  The bad news is that libcdio and vcdimager are close to release but
  technical difficulties have prevented me from doing so. libcdio was
  recently made an official GNU project; as such, the FTP download area
  has changed and I don't have the permission yet to make a GNU release.

  On the VCDImager side, there was a fork in the CVS code around version
  0.7.14 for libcdio versus non libcdio code. Fairly recently this was
  merged back into the head branch and I've gotten the go-ahead to make
  a 0.7.20 VCDImager release. However since this too is an official GNU
  project, I have the same permissions problem. Also and since there was
  a small change to the API, I want both 0.7.20 to come out with version
  0.65 of libcdio.