[vlc-devel] [RFC] + Re: Re: libcddb added, playlist interface - disappointing

Clément Stenac zorglub at via.ecp.fr
Sun Nov 30 21:46:04 CET 2003

> http://developers.videolan.org/vlc/vlc/doc/doxygen/html/input__ext-plugins_8h.html#a28
> http://developers.videolan.org/vlc/vlc/doc/doxygen/html/input__ext-plugins_8h.html#a29
> These will show up in View->File info... and this is the right place for
> such information in my opinion.

I personnaly disagree. I think that almost nobody goes to see this if
one is not searching for special informations. I think the fileinfo
dialog should mainly be intended for technical informations about the
stream. "Userland" informations, such as ID3 or CDDB infos should go in
the playlist item, IMHO.

About how to add them, I don't know if we should add 5 or 6 new fields
to the playlist_item_t structure, or rather (I think this one is
better), create a pp_infos in the playlist_item_t where we could store
all the infos we have (each element of pp_infos would contain "info
type","value").

Then, the user should be able to see all the infos that are stored in
the pp_infos in the iteminfo dialog, and, perhaps, one day, be able to
show this in the listview (customizable, eh :).

What could go in the pp_infos: author, duration, genre, ... (all but
name and URI).

But all this is my personnal opinion... What do you think ?

--
Zorglub
Clément Stenac